Although riding is our main emphasis, this country lends itself to an abundance of outdoor experiences!
- Hike to the one of several ridge-tops from the ranch and see the Cabinet Wilderness Area or simply take a stroll down the driveway and stay attuned to such wildlife as deer, falcons, turkeys and pheasants!
- Mountain bike with a staff member down one of many logging roads that can take you all over the mountains and properties around the ranch.
- Spend an afternoon with our ranch chef and learn how to create all the parts and pieces of the evening meal!
- In the summer months, join us for a day of kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and swimming at nearby Horseshoe Lake! The water is crystal clear, the scenery is beautiful, and if you just want to sit back and relax, we’ll do all the paddling for you!
- Bring your own fishing gear (and license) and fish McGinnis Creek for Brook Trout or (if you have your own vehicle) you can head out to one of many nearby lakes and rivers where the waters abound with brook, brown, cutthroat, rainbow trout, bass, perch and pike.
- For a guided trip on the Kootenai River, we can schedule a date for you with our recommended fishing outfitter, Dave Blackburn of Kootenai Angler. The yet undiscovered Kootenai River currently holds the world record for an amazing 33+ lb Rainbow Trout!
- Dave’s website is www.montana-flyfishing.com and his number is 406-293-7578.
- Schedule a day before, after or during your trip to visit Glacier National Park, just 2 hours from Glacier International Airport in Kalispell, MT.…..OR just grab a book from the Library, sit back on your private deck and listen to the rustling leaves of the aspens from your private deck.